Forest Stewardship Council®
Tenon sources logs from radiata pine tree farms in New Zealand's central North Island. All trees are harvested on a renewable basis - and we do not source from natural or native forests.
The Forest Stewardship Council® ('FSC®') recognises our strong commitment to sourcing raw materials responsibly. Our local forests achieved FSC® certification for responsible management in 2000. The FSC® trademark is the leading certification that is recognised worldwide by suppliers, retailers and consumers.
Our processing plants have also held FSC® chain-of-custody certification since 2000. (Chain-of-custody follows the raw materials right from the forest, through the manufacturing process, to delivery to the consumer).
In cases where we do not use FSC®-certified wood, we have strict policies around sourcing other wood. We will not take wood which has been:
- illegally harvested or from trade in illegal wood or forest products
- harvested in conflict with traditional or human rights
- harvested from natural forests, high conservation value or environmentally-sensitive areas
- harvested from natural forests converted to plantations or non-forest use
- produced from genetically modified trees
- produced in violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions, as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
You can view our policy on wood procurement here.
You can view our FSC Core Labour requirements policy here.